5.05.2009


Summer is almost here and we will be very glad to leave the cold wet winter behind! I feel like I haven't felt the warmth of the sun for too long! I can't wait to lounge outside and soak up the sun! I know that my kids are feeling the same way...my youngest was upset with me the other day for telling him to put on warmer clothes before he went to school, well he put up such a fuss I gave in and it ended up snowing later in the morning...but I'm with him on the lets get winter over with part!

We are getting ready for a non-stop, action packed summer, with football camps, scout outings, cheerleading camps, baseball games, family reunions and of course the long awaited back packing trip in the Uintahs! And lets not forget the best part of the summer...my trip to Holland with my mother and sisters!!!!

All the fun aside though, there is something to be said for lazy summer days (do I really ever get those anymore?) and just doing nothing but enjoying your time with your family in the way you only can during the summer! Reading a book while laying in the hammock, hiking, bike riding, roasting hot dogs and marshmallows...

I usually would say that fall is the best time of year, but right now I am pretty sure that nothing compares to summer....

2 comments:

  1. well I guess it really will be a lazy summer now as you get well and recover. I'm sure you will find the positive in all you go through...just like your grandma always did and I'm sure she will be very close, she couldn't stand not to be and you know that. Love Aunt Lorna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like your summer will be lazy after all as you get well and recover. I'm sure you will find the positive in all this just like your grandma always did. You know she will be close by, she couldn't stand not to be! Our love to you. Aunt Lorna

    ReplyDelete


Here we are at Stott Lookout last summer