6.25.2009

Buzz!







Well, last tuesday after my nadir appointment, I decided to cut my hair short because it was starting to fall out. By Fathers Day I was losing so much hair that I decided to bite the bullet and buzz my head.
I had a really emotional week because of the hair loss and decided
that I wanted to be in control. So with all of my family sitting around me I buzzed it off. I was crying (which of course made all of my sisters cry) and also laughing as we gave me a mohawk and then took it all off. Dave and Mitch decided to buzz their heads also. I really thought that losing my hair would be a piece of cake...boy was I wrong. It has been one of the hardest things for me. Call me vain or whatever, but it had me in tears for several days. Amazingly enough, as soon as the hair was buzzed I was fine, maybe it was the fact that I didn't have control over my own body or something...who knows.

On monday, I went to the grocery store with no hat or scarf and I was
suprised at how easy it was. It was very liberating to be able to walk around with the shortest buzz cut and not feel uncomfortable. I also like the fact that it took me only15 minutes from shower to make-up and I was done getting ready! Then just as I was getting used to my new hairdo, I really started to lose it. I am now almost all the way bald on the top and sides of my head and the back is quite patchy. By the time I post again I will shave it all and put up more pictures.

I had my second dose of chemo today and it all went well. I'm feeling pretty good, just a bit tired. I guess that is a feeling I have to get used to. My kids have been great at taking care of me and the house, I hardly have to do anything, and Dave has been wonderful throughout this whole ordeal. Thanks again to all my family, friends and neighbors for all their love and support!








3 comments:

  1. you are amazing! what a hard thing to do. i love the pictures. you have a great family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that would be hard. but you still look amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look calm and at peace. Proud of you, we love you.

    Uncle Robert and aunt Lorna

    ReplyDelete


Here we are at Stott Lookout last summer