Well, it's saturday morning and a little over a week since my first chemo treatment. I haven't really had any adverse reactions to the medications yet, other than a little nausea, and that was taken care of by my anti-nausea meds. Overall, I just feel like I have a really bad cold and a lot of that is because of the tumor and the pressure it puts on my lungs and heart. It really makes you feel bad when you get tired from walking up the stairs, but I'm confident that once the tumor shrinks enough then that will all go away. It is a little wierd because we have to be very hyper sensitive to my body and the things that I would normally ignore or pass off as nothing need to be told to my doctors because of all the increased risks from the chemo. My family has been great and I want to thank all of them for their support! This would be so hard if I didn't have them. My mother and David's mother have done so much for us this past year with my previous illness and they are already commiting themselves for whatever I need, what would we do without mothers?!!!
Sadly, my sisters and mother have decided to postpone our trip to Holland until next year when I can feel better. I know that this is probably the right thing to do, but it makes me sad because at least I had something to look forward to...so I'm trying to convince my hubby to take me away somewhere for a weekend or two this summer. Of course I always look forward to watching my boys play football in the fall and I told them I might rebel and paint their numbers on my bald head, they just looked at me like I was wierd, which I fully admit to being. I also tried to convince my family to a bald themed family portrait this summer, all but Eilene thought that would be okay, she said she would get a bald wig.
Between baseball, football and cheerleading, we will still have fun things to look forward to. And hopefully we will learn more about ourselves through this process. In a way I'm glad that my kids will have the opportunity to really serve me and eachother. We felt that we had grown a lot from our trials this last year and now we will have the chance to learn and grow even more. It's amazing what can happen when a family pitches in together and works to overcome adversity!
I want to express my love to you all! Thank you for your prayers, kind thoughts, and acts of service! I feel very grateful for all of my family and friends!
Here we are at Stott Lookout last summer
No comments:
Post a Comment