7.17.2009

Half Way There!

Well, I'm half way through my chemo treatments! I had my 3rd round yesterday July 16th. It went as good as can be expected. There was a little delay because my veins weren't cooperating. But I understand that it is normal for chemo patients to have a hard time with IVs after a few treatments. Things moved so fast for me that they couldn't put in a port, so we just have to hope that my veins don't put up to much of a protest!
It was a big day yesterday, my kids came and saw me and that was great, I think it helped Mitch and Eilene to see that it's not a scary thing and that I'm in a good environment. Neal and Dallin came down a little later and were there for a short time before heading to their grandma Long's house. Then after my treatment, Dave took me to the Cheesecake Factory and I had a white chocolate raspberry truffle cheesecake...it was divine! We then hurried to my parents and got ready for my sister Jae's wedding. It was a lovely ceremony and a wonderful time! I am really happy for her and Travis! I'm grateful that I felt well enough to be a part of that special time!
We left around 10:00 and Neal drove us home since Dave stayed at his parents (no use driving 2 hours just to turn around 5 hrs later). I was so exhausted, but I couldn't sleep, Neal is a good driver, but I was afraid he was tired too. I was so glad to fall into bed at 12:00 and I slept until 9:00. It was a much needed rest!
I can't believe how the weeks are flying by, I feel like summer is almost over and it never really had a chance to begin. We are moving right ahead with all of our activities, Dallin gets his cast off next wednesday and Eilene has her next surgery on the 29th of July. If we can get Eilenes surgery over and have Dallin's leg heal properly without needing surgery we will be happy happy happy!
We went to Harry Potter on opening night (the midnight showing). We all loved it! I think I might have to see it again though because there was a really loud person sitting in front of us and I could hardly hear the movie half the time. Lots of fun though and we are anxiously awaiting the next movie...why can't they come out within 6 months of eachother??? More than a year and I forget what happened in the previous show!!! I never used to be this way, I hope I'm not getting 'old timers'!

1 comment:


Here we are at Stott Lookout last summer