8.09.2009

My 4th Chemo

Wow, this summer has really flown by! I had my 4th chemo treatment on the 6th of August. I can't believe how quickly this has gone by for me. I guess it helps that I count my time by 1 1/2 weeks because of my Doctor visits and chemo treatments. Anyway, I feel really lucky that so far all has gone well with me. I really don't feel sick at all other than I get thrush really bad after every treatment. They have put me on an oral Nystatin which tastes absolutely gross, I can't believe I gave that to my babies! I have to take it 4 times a day...YUCK! But it does help a little and it is better than the alternative.
I go in on the 17 for my PET Scan and we will find out how the cancer is responding to my chemo treatments. I am praying that everything will be exactly as the Docs want it to be! If so then only 2 more treatments!!! I have been asked by a lot of you if I will have to have periodic treatments after this and the answer is no. Dr. Litton said that with the type of lymphoma that I have they expect a complete cure with treatments. This is great news!
I want to express my thanks for my family! They all went on a cancer hike that was held to raise money for support groups etc. for cancer patients and their families. I really wanted to go with them, but since I had my chemo treatment just 2 days earlier I knew I wouldn't be able to. It is amazing how my illness has opened up all of us to a greater awareness of the need to find a cure for all cancers, and the desire to become more proactive! I am really proud of all those who went on the hike and want to thank them! I love you all! Denice

No comments:

Post a Comment


Here we are at Stott Lookout last summer