Where to start...well, i will start with the good news I guess. (no need to keep everyone in suspense!) I received the results from my PET Scan and the tumor has shrunk significantly! It is now only about the size of my thumb from the knuckle up! Also the metabolic activity level has dropped from 2o.7 to 3.3! They consider anywhere in the 2 range to be normal, so I am almost there! This is such great news! I cried when I heard it, I mean really sobbed! I know, wierd huh? I think that it was just such a relief, and probably all of the emotions that I have been keeping under a tight lock and key just came rushing out. I have always felt that I would come out of this okay, but acutally hearing it was wonderful! So, I get my next chemo treatment on the 17th of September and three weeks later I will have 2-3 weeks of radiation. After that, I will get a PET Scan every 6 months until 3 yrs have passed and then every year until I have been cancer free for 5-6 years. At that point they consider me home free unless I develop other symptoms.
I had my 5th chemo treatment on the 27th, the day after my (dare I say it?) 40th birthday. WOW how did I get so old? Everything went well, except that I had red streaks going up my arm. The nurse said it was just the chemo irritating my veins. I
believe it, this time the treatment was a little painful and they had to keep hot packs on my arm the entire day.
Well, thanks to all of you for your love and support during this difficult time! I love you all! I believe that this shows what love and prayers can do!
yay!!! i'm so happy things are going so well. all our prayers are working!!
ReplyDeleteWOW!!! that is great news.... CONGRATULATIONS. and happy birthday!! you are not old- it's only the beginning.
ReplyDelete